The Bodie Hodges Foundation (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting https://www.bodiehodgesfoundation.co.uk (our site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Bodie Hodges Foundation, registered charity number 1151053
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you and your family by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- Information you provide when you stay at Bodie’s Boathouse
- Name, address, email address and phone number
- Information you give to us for a referral to Bodie’s Bereavement Service
- Information you give to us when requesting Bodie’s Treasured Memory Bags
- Information you give to us when booking one of our events
- Subscribe to our newsletters
- Raising money on behalf of us.
- We also collect personal information to support contractual arrangements or to meet legal obligations.
- Information you give us to complete a DBS check.
Where you have made a donation via the Virgin Giving site and agreed with Virgin Giving that they can pass your information to us, with your permission which allows us to send you thank you emails and news about our fundraising activities we will store and use this information in accordance with this policy.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information via Google Analytics:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you from referral partners and other charities. In this case they will have informed you when they collected that data that it may be shared with us and combined with data collected on this site.
What Information do we Collect and Why?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
- to carry out our obligations in preparing Bodies Boathouse for your stay with us and to provide you with the information that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other fundraising activities
- to notify you about changes to our services e.g. availability.
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you.
- to administer our site and for internal operations.
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or fundraising activities that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored securely. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.