Bodie’s Virtual Balloon Race
Join us for Bodie’s Virtual Balloon Race this Easter!
A virtual balloon race is a 100% eco-friendly simulation, where everything about the race is real, except the balloon! The race is operated by Ecoracing.co, and as a virtual race, it means that no birds or animals are harmed, and no latex or plastic waste is left in the environment afterwards. The winning virtual balloon is the one which has flown the furthest as measured in a straight line from the launch location.
To enter simply:
• Buy a virtual balloon – Virtual balloons cost just £3! You can buy as many as you like and the more you buy, the more you increase your chance of winning! To buy your balloons please click the button below
• Customise it – Make your balloon as unique as you are! You can customise your virtual balloons shape, size, and composition to increase your chance of winning. Ecoracing use real-life weather tracking, so make sure your virtual balloon is built to stand all weathers!
• Track it – Live! During the 7-day race period. The race starts on Easter Sunday, 4th April 2021, when the balloons will be “launched” from Jerusalem Old City! Remember to log on and track your individual balloons progress throughout the race (a great geography and science learning aid for anyone home schooling!)
Prizes – All of the prizes for the overall race winners are provided by Ecoracing.co.
• First Prize – £500
• Second Prize – Apple iPad
• 10 runners up prizes – £10 book tokens
In addition to these prizes, the Bodie Hodges Foundation are delighted to offer a £25 Amazon eGift Voucher to the winner of Bodie’s Balloon Race, kindly given by an anonymous donor.
Click below to visit the Ecoracing website to buy your balloons
Bodie’s Virtual Santa Fun Run 2020
Our Virtual Santa Fun Run, your way!
Sadly, Covid-19 restrictions have cancelled our event at Leicester Racecourse, but we really hope you will still participate and get well and truly in the Christmas spirit with us here at the Bodie Hodges Foundation on Sunday 13th December 2020.
We have a limited amount of Santa suits available, so book quickly to avoid disappointment!
Your Virtual Santa Fun Run can be completed in any location you choose. You can run, jog, walk, use a wheelchair, or push a buggy – whatever you choose and however you choose to take part, with a recommended distance of either 1k, 3k or 5k.
At 12.45pm, we will stream a warm-up event on our Facebook page for you to take part in before you start. We would love you to join in with us on this day and share lots of photo’s on social media. However, you can of course, choose to take part on any day in December that is more convenient for you. For every participant aged 3 years and over, we will post out a Santa Suit to run in and a medal to celebrate your achievement or alternatively, you may collect this.
To book your place click below
Belfry Golf Day – New Date Confirmed
Unfortunately, we have taken the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Golf Day at The Belfry that was due to place in July. Whilst this is very disappointing we have moved quickly to secure a new day for 2021. We are therefore delighted to announce that the new date for the Bodie Hodges Golf Day at the world famous Brabazon Course at The Belfry is Thursday 29th July 2021. If you would like more information or would like to book a team, please contact
Charity of the year
2020 is the perfect time to think about making us your Charity of Year. We work closely with many businesses of many sizes. We love to welcome new businesses to Team Bodie who share our values and we promise that you will also benefit from offering your support to us. We work in different ways with different businesses. Some offer us services and others take on exciting fundraising challenges to support the work that we do.
Annual Sports Dinner with John Barnes
We are delighted to announce that we have just secured John Barnes for our 8th Annual Sports Dinner at Leicester Tigers on Thursday 25th March 2021. We look forward on the night to listening to many stories from his Watford and Liverpool days, the highs and lows of playing for England under Bobby Robson in Mexico and Italy, his sensational goal against Brazil at the Maracanã and also the key role he has played throughout his career in campaigning to kick racism out of football. He will be supported once again by the exceptionally talented magician Jamie Raven.
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly food shop to Christmas gifts – you could be raising free donations for the Bodie Hodges Foundation with Easyfundraising?
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Waitrose & Partners, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds!
All you need to do is:
1. Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/bodiehodges and join for free.
2. Every time you shop online, go to easy fundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
3. After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to the Bodie Hodges Foundation at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges, and the Bodie Hodges Foundation will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.