The Bodie Hodges Foundation Capital Appeal to buy Bodie’s House
In 2020, Leicestershire based charity, The Bodie Hodges Foundation, shared the exciting news with their supporters and community about a large investment they were to receive from a private investor, to support core costs and the purchase of a building which was set to become the home of the Foundation. Sadly, due to the pandemic, we are no longer able to secure this funding opportunity.
This of course comes as a devastating blow to the charity, who have always had an immensely strong vision which has only become stronger since this opportunity was presented. As a result of their ambitions, The Bodie Hodges Foundation has made the brave decision to go ahead with the purchase of the building, making it the centre of their child bereavement community to continue the development of the incredibly important work they do to support families bereaved of a child.
Donna Hodges, CEO of The Bodie Hodges Foundation,
explains what the building will mean to our charity:
It is hard to put into words what it means to us as a charity to be able to launch a capital appeal to purchase Bodie’s House. Our vision to create a child bereavement community within Leicestershire is now within sight and as a charity, it means that we can offer more support to grieving families and offer ways that we can come together and support one another. We are also really excited about increasing our offer to children and young people, as well as getting involved in creative ways to grieve
What difference will Bodie’s House make to the charity?
• Create a child bereavement community within Leicestershire
• Bring our family support services and formal counselling into a safe therapeutic environment
• Create new opportunities for children and young people to come together and explore their grief
• Increase our ability to develop more creative ways to grieve
• Create more volunteering opportunities
Ways to get involved
• Make a donation using our Virgin Money Giving Link
• Take on a fundraising challenge to help us meet our target?
• Get your work team involved by organising a raffle, tuck shop or challenge.
• Become a supporter and receive a plaque in ‘Bodie’s House’ for your donation
I am a corporate organisation/small business… how can I help?
• Choose Bodie Hodges Foundation to be your charity partner for the next two years and support our appeal.
• Become a supporter and receive a plaque in ‘Bodie’s House’ for your donation.
• Take on our RAISE £10K CHALLENGE by December 2023 to mark our 10th Anniversary.
We are excited to launch our Ten4Ten Challenge and we ask if you can raise £10k by November 2023 to mark our 10th Year of being a charity. All money raised will go directly into our capital appeal to raise £450,000 to buy Bodie’s House. Our challenge will run for 2 years and we are looking for 15 individuals or businesses to pledge to raise £10k. This is a great opportunity to take part in a challenge that makes a direct impact on families bereaved of a child. All teams will receive a plaque to acknowledge their fundraising.
Who’s already taken on the challenge….
Orton Property Group
Leicester City in the Community
Daisy Chain Cildren’s Nursery