The bag is filled with grief resources to help children to understand how they are feeling and to support families to remember and grieve together. Bags are available for ages 3-10, 11-18 and for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities of any age.
The bags aim to…
• Explore grief and support an understanding of how we might feel when someone dies
• Encourage children and young people to share their thoughts, feelings and worries
• Books to encourage understanding of grief
• A treasure chest to store precious memories
• Art resources to encourage creativity
• A Sensory cushion, sensory story and resources are included within the SEND bag.
Bodie’s Special Treasured Memory Bag
We have worked with Sarah Helton, Backpocket Teacher to develop a Sensory story that explains death for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. We believe that all children should be supported as they grieve and so this bag also includes a bereavement and loss Widgit that can be personalised for each family, emotion image cards and sensory props to understand grief in a simple and accessible way.
How much do the bags cost?
We provide the bags as a gift from us to your family free of charge. We can provide up to 2 bags per family and the resources are easily shared.
I am a professional can I request a bag for a family?
We only provide bags directly to families by completing the request form below. If you are working with a family please ask them to request a bag here and then use the bag within your sessions.
How can I request a bag for my children?
If you would like a treasured memory bag for your child please complete the request form below and we will send a bag directly to you. We aim to respond to all requests and send out bags within 7 days of receiving your request.