We hope that you are all staying safe, we wanted to let you know how the current situation is affecting the services that we offer.
Bodie’s Bereavement Service
During this time we will be conducting all of our support via the phone and video calls. If you are a newly bereaved family or a practitioner wishing to refer a family please complete the referral form below and we will contact you regarding the support we can currently offer. If you are a bereaved parent who lives outside of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland please see details of other organisations who can help below.
Our Vision is to give HOPE to families bereaved of a child by providing a range of services that support grieving families and encourage them to rebuild and remember.
Bodie’s Virtual Balloon Race
Join us for Bodie’s Virtual Balloon Race this Easter!
A virtual balloon race is a 100% eco-friendly simulation, where everything about the race is real, except the balloon! The race is operated by Ecoracing.co, and as a virtual race, it means that no birds or animals are harmed, and no latex or plastic waste is left in the environment afterwards. The winning virtual balloon is the one which has flown the furthest as measured in a straight line from the launch location.
To enter simply:
• Buy a virtual balloon – Virtual balloons cost just £3! You can buy as many as you like and the more you buy, the more you increase your chance of winning! To buy your balloons please click the button below
• Customise it – Make your balloon as unique as you are! You can customise your virtual balloons shape, size, and composition to increase your chance of winning. Ecoracing use real-life weather tracking, so make sure your virtual balloon is built to stand all weathers!
• Track it – Live! During the 7-day race period. The race starts on Easter Sunday, 4th April 2021, when the balloons will be “launched” from Istanbul, Turkey! Remember to log on and track your individual balloons progress throughout the race (a great geography and science learning aid for anyone home schooling!)
Prizes – All of the prizes for the overall race winners are provided by Ecoracing.co.
• First Prize – £500
• Second Prize – Apple iPad
• 10 runners up prizes – £10 book tokens
In addition to these prizes, the Bodie Hodges Foundation are delighted to offer a £25 Amazon eGift Voucher to the winner of Bodie’s Balloon Race, kindly given by an anonymous donor.
Click below to visit the Ecoracing website to buy your balloons
We are really thrilled to be working in partnership with Fleckney Events, who have generously agreed to donate 10% of all ticket sales from The Big Disney Drive-In Cinema events, showing 22nd-26th April 2021 in Coalville, Leicestershire, to the Bodie Hodges Foundation. For further information about the amazing range of Disney films showing and to purchase tickets, please go to
Together in Grief
There is a virtual support session available for parents of a bereaved child in Leicestershire & Rutland.
Contact Nicola at email@example.com or on 07483 347008 to regsiter your interest.
Nobody should feel alone in their grief
Belfry Golf Day – New Date Confirmed
Unfortunately, we have taken the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Golf Day at The Belfry that was due to place in July. Whilst this is very disappointing we have moved quickly to secure a new day for 2021. We are therefore delighted to announce that the new date for the Bodie Hodges Golf Day at the world famous Brabazon Course at The Belfry is Thursday 29th July 2021. If you would like more information or would like to book a team, please contact
Charity Of The Year
2020 is the perfect time to think about making us your Charity of Year. We work closely with many businesses of many sizes. We love to welcome new businesses to Team Bodie who share our values and we promise that you will also benefit from offering your support to us. We work in different ways with different businesses. Some offer us services and others take on exciting fundraising challenges to support the work that we do.